Here's what I came up with:
Cheesy Hot Chicken & Rice
- 3 baked chicken breasts, chopped
- 1/2 of 14-oz. pkg. frozen broccoli florets, chopped small
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 10.75-oz. can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 10.75-oz. can condensed fiesta nacho cheese soup
- 1 10- to 10.5-oz. can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place chicken in baking dish of choice, and cook til done.
- Let chicken rest and cool while prepping the rest of the ingredients.
- In a crock pot, mix both cans of soup, the can of tomatoes and chilies, the water, and the broth.
- Add the instant rice and stir well.
- Chop broccoli to size desired (my kids don't eat stems!) and stir in.
- Chop chicken and stir in. Cook on high for 3 hours.
You could definitely add more veggies to this version, depending on your preferences. The instant rice cooks up pretty quick, and since the meat was already cooked, time in the crock pot will depend on how tender you want your broccoli to be.